Bailey's Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
- 1 package Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Baileys Chocolate Mousse Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter the side of a 10-inch springform pan and
line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- For the crust: Combine the cookies, sugar and chocolate chips in a food processor
fitted with a metal blade and process until it is the consistency of powder.
- Add the melted butter and pulse on/off until well mixed.
- Transfer the cookie mixture
to the pan and pat evenly onto the bottom and up b the side of the pan. Set aside.
- For the Baileys chocolate mousse cream cheese filling: Beat the cream cheese
and sugar until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes, scraping the bowl down as needed.
- Add the eggs one at a time and continue to mix until smooth.
- Blend in the Baileys Irish Cream and vanilla extract.
- Last, add the melted chocolate and mix on low speed
until thoroughly blended.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake at 325
degrees F for 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Remove the side of the springform pan when the cheesecake is cold.
- For the topping: Melt 2 ounces chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add the cream and stir until well blended.
- Spoon the topping into a small plastic
freezer bag and make a small cut in one of the bottom corners. Squeeze the topping
out over the cake.