Bailey's Irish Cream Cheesecake
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups
granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/4 pounds (36
ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 5 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon
pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 to 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan
with softened butter.
- Using a fork, combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup of the sugar and melted
butter in a medium bowl until well blended. Then evenly press crumb mixture onto
the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of buttered pan.
- Beat cream cheese in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar
and beat until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Add eggs, one at a
time, making sure to scrape sides after each addition. Beat until well incorporated
and very smooth.
- Beat in vanilla extract and Bailey's Irish Cream until well
- Pour into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for approximately 1 hour
and 15 minutes or until center is the consistency of set gelatin.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool on a wire rack away from drafts.
- When cool,
remove springform and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, whip
heavy cream with confectioners' sugar and garnish top of cake with whipped cream
rosettes. Shave chocolate over top.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes