Banana Cream Cheesecake
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat vanilla wafers, crushed
- 16 ounces light (not no-fat) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup banana cream pudding mix (regular-not instant)
- 3 tablespoons 2% or skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups peeled, sliced banana
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup reduced fat whipped topping
- 8 reduced fat vanilla wafers
- Spray the bottom of a springform pan with cooking spray; sprinkle crushed wafer
crumbs over bottom.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed of mixer until creamy, gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs, and beat well.
- Add sour cream and next three ingredients. Beat at low speed until just blended.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 55 minutes. (Center will be soft but will firm when
chilled.) Turn off oven; partially open door. Leave cheesecake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven, and carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan. Let cheesecake
cool on a wire rack.
- Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Remove cake from pan.
- Toss banana slices with lemon juice, and arrange over cake.
- Pipe whipped topping around the edge of cake; insert vanilla wafers into topping.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.