- 3 cups ground Oreo cookie crumbs, minus filling
- 2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/4 pounds cream cheese, softened
- 5 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup very ripe banana puree
- 1 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
Peanut Butter Sauce
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup ground unsalted peanuts
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cheesecake: In a medium-size bowl, combine cookie crumbs, 1/4 cup of the sugar and melted
butter until thoroughly blended.
- Cover the bottom and approximately 1 inch of the
sides of a greased 1-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add remaining 1 3/4 cups sugar and continue mixing,
scraping bowl often.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well incorporated.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Fold in banana puree and chopped peanuts.
- Pour into prepared crust and bake for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool on wire rack; refrigerate 24 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, place a small slice on each chilled serving plate and drizzle
with Peanut Butter Sauce.
- Peanut Butter Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and cook, stirring
constantly, over low heat for about 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Cool to room temperature before using.