Banana Pudding Cheesecake 2
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large ripe bananas,
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Press evenly into bottom of a lightly
greased 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine diced bananas and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a small saucepan.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Place over medium-high heat, and cook, stirring constantly,
about 1 minute, or just until sugar has melted. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer for 3 minutes or until
- Gradually add 1 cup granulated sugar, beating until blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Beat in coffee liqueur and vanilla extract.
- Pour into prepared vanilla wafer crust.
- Spoon tablespoonsful of banana mixture evenly over top and swirl gently into cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Drop spoonsful of Meringue gently and evenly over hot filling.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes or until Meringue is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and gently run a knife around edge of cheesecake in spring-form pan to
- Cool cheesecake completely on a wire rack.
- Cover cheesecake loosely, and chill for 8 hours.
- Release and remove sides of pan.
- Meringue: Beat egg whites and salt at high speed with an electric mixer until
- Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until soft peaks form and sugar
dissolves (about 1 to 2 minutes).
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes