Barstow's Longview Farm's Turtle Cheesecake
This eye-catching chocolate turtle cake recipe is courtesy of Barstow’s
Longview Farm. We can always count on our farm friends to deliver creative
recipes that quickly become staples in our homes. Made with a tasty Oreo crust
and lovely cream cheese filling, then drizzled with fudge sauce and caramel
sauce and topped with pecans, this is one rich and moist chocolate cake recipe
you’ll want to keep nearby.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 sleeves Oreos, crushed
- 1/4 cup Cabot Salted Butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/4 pounds Cabot Cream Cheese (4 1/2 - 8 ounce packages) softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 whole farm fresh eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 3/4 cup toasted chopped pecans
- Fudge and caramel sauces
- 1/4 cup whole pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a kettle of water to a boil.
- Generously coat a 9-inch spring-form pan with cooking spray. You can
wrap the outside of the pan with foil if desired to prevent leaks.
- Mix crushed Oreos, butter, and cinnamon in a medium bowl with a fork
until evenly moist. Transfer to the spring-form pan and press evenly
into the bottom with the back of your fingers. Set the pan in a large
enough baking pan that will allow you to pour boiling water around the
- Beat softened cream cheese in a large bowl until creamy. Add light
brown sugar, corn syrup, corn starch and beat on low until evenly
incorporated. Scrape sides, add the eggs, vanilla and beat in on low
just until combined.
- Measure out 3 1/2 cups of the filling and set aside. Pour the
remaining filling over the crust in the spring-form pan.
- Add to the set aside 3 1/2 cups filling 3 tablespoons brown sugar, 1
tablespoon blackstrap molasses, 1/4 cup cocoa, 3/4 cup toasted chopped
pecans. Pour over filling and crust in pan. Swirl the fillings with a
- Pull the oven rack out. Set the baking pan on the oven rack. Place
spring-form pan in center of pan.
- Pour the boiling water into the baking pan about 1/2-inch up the
sides. Carefully push the oven rack in and close the oven door.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes, then lower temperature to 225
degrees F and continue baking for 1 hour.
- When done, allow cheesecake to cool for 1 hour in an “off” oven.
- Drizzle sauces over cheesecake and top with whole pecans.
Yield: 12 servings
Recipe courtesy of Barstow’s Longview Farm, Hadley MA through Cabot
Creamery. Used with permission.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes