Blue Hawaiian Cheesecake
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup cream of coconut (not coconut milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons pineapple rum (like Curazan)
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons blue curacao (blue liqueur)
- 1 2/3 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Assemble Crust: Mix crumbs, sugar, cardamom, melted butter right in a 9-inch
springform pan and spread out. Pat down to form crust and refrigerate for 2 or more
- Filling: Mix cream cheese and sugar until well mixed, 3 minutes on a medium mixer
- Add egg and yolk one at a time and mix well after each addition. Remember
to scrape bowl.
- Add cream of coconut, rum, blue liqueur, pineapple juice, sour cream
and salt; mix well.
- Pour into pan. Wrap the pan in aluminum foil all around and
around the edges. Put in a roasting pan with hot water 1/2 inch up the sides of
- Put in the middle rack of the oven for 1 hour.
- After one hour, crack open
the oven door for an hour.
- Remove cake from oven.
- Chill. Garnish with pineapple chunks mixed with orange concentrate juice.