Blueberry Chocolate Cheesecake
Get ready for a dessert that’s as beautiful as it is delicious – the richly colored Blueberry Chocolate Cheesecake. You’ll find the chocolate in the cookie crust, while the cheesecake mixture is made with blueberry purée, giving it the distinct purplish-blue blueberry hue. It’s a tasty twist on a classic dessert, perfect for entertaining or brightening your night at home with a boost of blue.
Prep Time: 30 min | Cook: 40 min | Portions: 12
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries, rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Chocolate Cookie Crust
- 1 1/3 cup chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages block-style cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup blueberries, to garnish
- Blueberry Purée: In blender, purée blueberries until smooth.
- In small saucepan set over high heat, add blueberry purée, sugar and lemon juice; stirring, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened and reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- Strain mixture through fine-mesh sieve into medium bowl (discard solids), then let cool completely.
- Chocolate Cookie Crust: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, stir together chocolate baking crumbs and butter. Firmly press mixture into bottom of greased 9-inch tart pan, pressing up the sides. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp and set. Let cool completely.
- Cheesecake Filling: Reduce oven to 325 degrees F.
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, vanilla extract and salt and continue to beat until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in flour. Fold in blueberry purée. Pour over cooled crust.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until center is almost set but still retains a slight jiggle. Let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for at
least 6 hours.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries before serving.
- Store cheesecake in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to 3 weeks.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
US Highbush Blueberry Council