Brandied Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 19 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can pumpkin (no spices added)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/3 cup brandy
- Whipped cream
- Preserved ginger
- Combine crumbs, sugar and butter in a bowl and mix well. Press crumb mixture
firmly into bottom of 10-inch springform pan and 2 inches up sides.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Beat together cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until smooth and creamy.
- Add pumpkin, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and brandy and mix until well blended.
- Pour cheese mixture into crust and bake at 325 degrees F for 50 or 60 minutes, or until well risen.
- Turn off heat and let cheesecake cool in oven.
- When cold, decorate top with whipped cream and sliced ginger.