Butter Pecan Cheesecake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 (8 ounce) containers commercial sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped, toasted
- Combine cracker crumbs, 1/3 cup sugar, butter, and 1/2 cup pecans, mixing well.
Reserve 1/3 cup mixture; firmly press remaining mixture on bottom of a 9-inch springform
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; gradually add
1-1/2 cup sugar, mixing well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add sour cream and flavorings; mix well. Stir in 1 cup pecans.
- Spoon into prepared pan; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 475 degrees
F for 10 minutes; reduce temperature to 300 degrees F, and bake an additional 50
- Let cool to room temperature on a wire rack; chill.
Yield: one 9-inch cheesecake
Source: Southern Living: 1986 Annual Recipes
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes