Butter Pecan Cheesecake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pecan halves (optional)
- In medium skillet, over medium heat, melt 1 teaspoon butter. Add chopped pecans.
Cook, stirring, until lightly toasted. Transfer to small bowl; set aside. (Save
to put in Step 8.)
- In same skillet, melt remaining butter; remove from heat.
- Stir in Graham cracker crumbs and 2 tablespoons sugar until well mixed.
- Pat crumb mixture on bottom of
9-inch springform pan; place in freezer to chill.Heat oven to 475 degrees F.
- In large bowl of electric mixer beat cream cheese and 1 1/2 cups sugar until
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add 1 cup sour cream and vanilla extract. Heat until well mixed.
- Stir in toasted pecans.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 300 degrees F. Continue baking for 45 to 50 minutes or until center
of cheesecake is almost firm.
- Meanwhile, add remaining 2 tablespoons sugar to remaining sour cream in its
container; stir to mix.
- When cheesecake is done, remove from oven. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
- Spread sour cream mixture evenly on cheesecake; return to oven.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until topping is set. Let cool in pan on wire rack.
- Refrigerate until cold, 3 hours or overnight.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes