As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 24 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- Grated zest of 2 lemons
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set half the butter aside. Melt 3/4 of the remaining butter and use the 2 extra
tablespoons to grease a 10-inch springform pan.
- Combine cracker crumbs, cornmeal, 2 tablespoons of the sugar and the melted butter
in a bowl and mix thoroughly. The mixture will be in crumbs, not a dough. Dump it
out into the prepared pan and press it into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until light golden.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Cream remaining butter, remaining 1 cup sugar and cream cheese with lemon zest
in large bowl of electric mixer until smooth.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla extract
and beat, occasionally scraping down the sides, until well mixed.
- Add eggs and beat slowly until just combined. Do not over-beat.
- Pour the batter into the reserved crust and bake for 25 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 300 degrees F and bake for an additional 25 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 200 degrees F and bake until done, approximately 20 minutes
more or until cake is set around the edges and barely jiggly in the very center.
- Cool and chill several hours before serving.
Serves 10 to 12.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes