Butterscotch Almond Cheesecake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 32 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Scotch whiskey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon Scotch whiskey
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line bottom of 9-inch springform pan with aluminum
foil. Butter and flour foil.
- Blend first 4 ingredients in food processor until nuts are finely chopped.
- Add butter, yolk and almond extract; blend until mixture begins to gather together.
Press onto bottom only of prepared pan. Bake until golden, about 25 minutes.
to rack. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Release cake pan sides from from crust. Gently turn out crust onto rack; peel
off foil and cool. Place crust back into pan and re-attach pan sides. Maintain oven
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese, 1 1/4 cups of the sugar, Scotch and
vanilla extract in large bowl until well blended.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating
just until combined. Pour into crust-lined pan.
- Bake cheesecake until set at edges
but center 3 inch area still moves slightly when pan is shaken, about 50 minutes.
- Place on rack; cool for 10 minutes.
- Mix sour cream with remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Spoon sour cream mixture over cheesecake.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Transfer cheesecake to rack and cool 10 minutes.
- Run small sharp knife around top edge of pan to loosen cake. Chill overnight
(can be made 2 days ahead).
- Stir sugar and 2/3 cup of the Scotch whiskey in large heavy saucepan over medium
heat until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat and boil without stirring until syrup
turns golden, occasionally brushing down sides of pan with pastry brush dipped in
water and also swirling pan.
- Add 2/3 cup cream and butter (mixture will bubble) and stir until smooth.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon Scotch. Let stand until cool but still pourable,
about 2 hours.
- Mix in 1/2 cup almonds.
- Spoon all but 1/2 cup butterscotch topping over cheesecake (reserve remaining
mixture for another use).
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chopped almonds. Refrigerate
up to 1 hour.
- Run sharp knife around sides to loosen cake. Release pan sides.
- Spoon cream into
pastry bag fitted with star tip. Pipe cream over top edge of cake.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes