Cafe Mexicana Cheesecake
- 1/4 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Candy coffee beans
- Combine crumbs, butter, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Press evenly over
bottom of a buttered 9-inch springform pan. Refrigerate.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar; add eggs, one at a time,
- Stir in sour cream, liqueur, vanilla extract, whipping cream, chocolate
and cinnamon. Blend well. Pour into crust-lined springform pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Do not open oven door.
- Turn oven off and leave cheesecake in another hour.
- Remove and cool slightly, then refrigerate.
- To serve, remove cake from pan. Garnish with sweetened whipped cream rosettes;
sprinkle lightly with cinnamon and top with candy coffee beans.
Yield: 8 to 12 servings