Candied Orange and White Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel (orange part only)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces (1 1/4 sticks)
- Dash of salt
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavored liqueur, such as Grand Marnier
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel (orange part only)
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 6 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 2 oranges (for peel only)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter 9-inch spring-form pan with sides at least
2 1/2 inches high. Wrap outside of pan with large piece of heavy aluminum foil.
- Combine flour, sugar, grated peel, butter and salt in large bowl of electric
mixer and mix on low speed just until small crumbs form. Mixture should not form
- Press mixture onto bottom and 1/2 inch up side of prepared pan. Bake about 15
minutes until crust is golden. Do not turn oven off.
- Mix cream cheese in large bowl of electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Add
sugar and mix until smooth. Mix in flour. Add eggs, 2 at a time, mixing until batter
is smooth. Mix in vanilla extract, almond extract, liqueur, orange peel and cream.
Stir in melted white chocolate. Pour batter into prepared springform pan. Place
cheesecake in large baking pan with at least 2-inch high sides and place in oven.
Pour hot water in large pan to reach 1 inch up sides of springform pan. Bake about
1 hour, until top looks firm when given gentle shake.
- Remove from water bath. Cover with paper towels and cool thoroughly, about 2
- Cheesecake should feel cool to the touch. Cover with plastic wrap and chill thoroughly
in refrigerator, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Using vegetable peeler with slight sawing motion, remove orange peel from oranges
in large strips. Cut into matchstick-size strips. Place strips in small saucepan
and cover with water. Bring to boil. Drain orange strips and rinse with cold water.
- Combine 2/3 cup water and the sugar in small saucepan and simmer over medium
heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add orange peel and simmer 10 minutes; drain and
cool. Or, refrigerate peel in its syrup up to 1 week.
- Place border of glazed orange peel around edge of cheesecake.
- Store in refrigerator up to 7 days.
- Serve at room temperature.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes