Caramel Brownie Cheesecake
This was dessert from last night's dinner party. It's a keeper!
- 1 3/4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 60 cookies)
- 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely crumbled brownies
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Garnishes: whipped cream, chocolate lined wafer rolls, chocolate coffee beans, caramel syrup or chocolate syrup
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine vanilla wafer crumbs and butter; firmly press onto bottom and 2 inches
up sides of a lightly greased springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Combine caramels and evaporated milk in a small heavy saucepan; cook over low
heat, stirring often, until caramels melt. Pour caramel mixture over crust. Sprinkle
crumbled brownies over caramel.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed on an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Gradually add brown sugar, mixing well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition, just until blended.
- Stir in sour cream and vanilla extract.
- Pour batter over brownies in crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until almost set.
- Remove from oven. Let cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Garnish if desired.
Yield: 1 (9-inch) cheesecake
You can buy pre-packaged, unfrosted brownies from a bakery, or make your
favorite box or scratch recipe. Bake, cool, and crumble enough to make 2 1/2 cups.
Posted by Becky/Colo at Recipe Goldmine 10/8/2001 12:29 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes