Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake
- 18 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup instant coffee
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons fat free caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- Coat an 8-inch springform pan with nonstick spray.
- Pulse cookies in food processor until finely ground.
- Add butter, process to blend. Press over bottom of pan. Place
pan in freezer.
- Put chocolate chips and coffee granules in a bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup
boiling water and let stand for 1 minute to melt chocolate and dissolve coffee.
- Add 1/2 cup caramel topping, whisking to blend. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle gelatine over 1/4 cup cold water in a saucepan. Let stand for 1 minute.
- Stir over heat 3 minutes or until gelatine dissolves and liquid is clear.
- Stir into coffee mixture.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in a bowl until smooth.
- Beat in coffee mixture until blended.
- Pour into crust, cover and refrigerate 6 hours or until firm.
- Beat cream cheese and 2 tablespoons caramel topping in a bowl until soft peaks
- Remove pan sides, place cake on a serving plate. Spoon caramel cream on top,
- Spoon remaining 1 tablespoon topping into a zip-top bag, snip tip off 1 corner
and drizzle over caramel cream.
Yield: 16 servings
Photo credit: (c) Can Stock Photo / enzo4
Other Cheesecake recipes you may like...
Bananas Foster Cheesecake
Strawberry Cheesecake Supreme
Cheesecake in a Jar