Cheesecake with Apricot Sauce
- 1/2 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 2 pounds cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- Juice and grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Strawberries, blueberries or other fruit or berries
- 1 (10 ounce) jar apricot jam
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon rum, Cognac or kirsch
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter the inside of an 8-inch wide souffle dish
and sprinkle with Graham cracker crumbs until coated. (Do not use a springform pan.)
Shake out the excess crumbs. Set aside.
- Place cream cheese, eggs, sugar, lemon juice and rind and vanilla extract in
a bowl. Start beating with electric beater at low speed and, as the ingredients
blend, increase the speed to high. Continue beating until thoroughly blended and
smooth. Scrape batter into prepared dish and shake gently to level the mixture.
Set the dish inside a slightly wider pan and fill larger pan with boiling water
to a depth of about 1/2 inch. Do not let the edge of the soufflé dish touch the
rim of the larger pan.
- Place in oven and bake 1 1/2 hours.
- Turn off oven heat and let cake sit in oven 20 minutes longer.
- Lift soufflé dish
out of water and place on a rack. Let dish stand until cake reaches room temperature.
- Invert a plate over the cake and carefully turn both upside down to unmold the cake.
Invert a cake plate over the bottom of the cake and carefully turn this upside down
so that the cake comes out right side up.
- Garnish with berries or fruit and spoon Apricot Sauce over all.
- Combine jam, sugar and water in a small saucepan and stir over low heat until
blended and smooth. Push the sauce through a small sieve with a spoon.
- Let cool and stir in the rum, Cognac or kirsch.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups sauce
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes