Chocolate Espresso Cheesecake
with Cranberry Topping
- 1 (9 ounce) package chocolate wafer cookies, finely crushed
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder or instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can Ocean Spray® Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coarsely grated semi-sweet chocolate
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crust: Combine cookie crumbs and butter in a medium
mixing bowl. Place mixture in a 9-inch springform pan. Press crumbs on
bottom and 2 inches up sides of pan. Set aside.
- Filling: Dissolve espresso powder in hot water; set
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and flour together
in a large mixing bowl until well blended and smooth.
- Add the espresso, cinnamon and whipping cream; mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until combined; scrape bowl
occasionally. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the top appears set.
- Cool for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Topping: Combine cranberry sauce and cornstarch in
a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute, stirring
constantly. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Using an electric mixer, beat whipping cream in a medium mixing bowl
until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract; beat
until stiff peaks form. Spread over top of cheesecake.
- Spoon cranberry sauce mixture over whipped cream, spreading to
within 1 inch of edges.
- Sprinkle chocolate on whipped cream border.
Yield: 1 cheesecake (12 servings) | Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 1 hr 5
Nutrition InformationPer Serving: Cal 658 (32%DV), Fat Cal. 396, Pro.
10g (19%DV), Carb. 58g (19%DV), Fat 44g (67%DV), Chol. 196mg (65%DV), Sod.
450mg (18%DV), Vit. A 497RE (49%DV), Vit. C 0mg (0%DV), Vit. E 2mg (5%DV),
Calcium 95mg (9%DV), Iron 2mg (12%DV), Folate 21Ug (5%DV), Zinc 1mg (5%DV),
Pot. 206mg (5%DV)
Dietary Exchange: Other Carbohydrate 4, Fat 8
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Ocean Spray
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes