- 1 prepared cheesecake (homemade or bought)
- 30 Oriental spring roll wrappers
- Egg wash (whisk 1 egg with 1 cup of milk)
- Vegetable oil (as needed)
- Cinnamon Sugar (as needed)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Cheesecake: Cut already-baked cheesecake into uniform pieces approximately 3 x 1-inches in
size. One large cheesecake will produce about 30 slices for deep frying.
- Lightly moisten each spring roll wrapper with the egg wash. Blot off excess egg
wash with paper towel.
- Place each piece of cheesecake in the middle of a wrapper. Fold top of wrapper
down over the cheesecake, and both sides toward the middle. Roll each piece of cheesecake
toward you until it is completely rolled up. Give this "egg roll" a gentle
squeeze to make sure the dough is sealed completely.
- Using a deep frying pan, heat at least 3 inches of oil to 365 degrees F. Dip
the corner of one "egg roll" in the heated oil. If the oil sizzles, it
is ready. If not, heat the oil a little longer. When the oil is ready, gently release "egg
rolls" into the oil and allow to brown lightly, approximately 10 seconds.
- Cinnamon Sugar: Mix well.
- Using tongs, remove the golden-brown "egg rolls" from the oil. Place
each "egg roll" in a bowl of cinnamon sugar and coat well. Place deep-fried
slices of cheesecake on paper towels to cool slightly before serving.
CAUTION: These will be very hot. Allow to cool at least 5 minutes before serving.
They can be enjoyed warm or cold.