This cheesecake requires no crumb crust and is incredibly rich.
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted and cooled
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sour cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream the cheeses and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the melted and cooled butter, flour, cornstarch
and vanilla extract. Beat until mixture is well combined.
- Fold in the sour cream and mix well.
- Pour into an ungreased, 9 1/2-inch spring-form pan. Place pan in the middle of
the preheated oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Turn off the oven, leaving the cheesecake in for another 2 hours without opening
the oven door.
- Let cake cool completely in pan and then chill in refrigerator for at least 2
- "Spring" the pan, remove the cake and garnish with berries or top
with glaze, if desired.