Devil's Tooth Cheesecake
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter
- 1 package Nabisco chocolate cookie wafers, crushed
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Crust: Mix butter and crumbs and press into a 10-inch Dutch oven, going up the
sides at least 1 inch.
- Filling: Mix first five ingredients until smooth.
- Melt chips, butter and whipping cream over low heat until smooth.
- Add almond extract.
- Pour 1/3 of white mixture into chocolate mixture and mix well. Pour this into crust.
- Add vanilla extract to remaining white mixture and carefully pour this over the
chocolate layer already in the Dutch oven. This is very dense and takes about 1
1/4 hours to bake. It is done when the top cracks and is firm.
This cheesecake is great warm or cold.