Dulce de Leche Cheesecake
- 2 cups cookie crumbs (vanilla, shortbread, snickerdoodle, etc.)
- 6 tablespoons melted butter (may be less depending on cookie used)
- 3 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons caramel syrup flavoring
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup caramel topping
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Whipped cream with hint of cinnamon
- One hour before preparing, take cream cheese and eggs out of the refrigerator
and cover to warm to room temperature.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F with one rack in middle and other rack on lowest shelf.
Wrap a 9-inch springform pan in a sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil, mist with nonstick
spray and line bottom and sides with parchment paper circle and 3-inch strip.
- Add butter to cookie crumbs a little at a time only adding enough butter until
mixture stays formed when pressed by spoon. (All mixing is done at lowest speed
and watched carefully and done quickly as not to over beat causing cracks and deflating.)
- With a 5-quart mixer, blend cream cheese and sugars on lowest setting just until
- Add two eggs and when incorporated, stop mixer and scrape the sides.
on lowest speed, add one at a time: the last egg, vanilla, cinnamon, caramel flavoring
- Add 1/2 cup caramel topping and heavy cream just until blended. Pour half of
batter into pan, drizzle remaining caramel topping on top, and cover with the rest
of the batter.
- Place pan on middle rack in center of oven. On lowest rack place an oven safe
dish or pan around 8 x 11 inches and at least 2 inches deep filled with water. Bake
for one hour.
- Turn off oven and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Remove and cover with kitchen towel on counter and let stand another 30 minutes
before placing in refrigerator for AT LEAST 5 hours (overnight is much better).
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and drizzled caramel.