English Toffee Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits (such as Skor)
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 32 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 ounces chocolate-covered English toffee (such as Skor or Heath bars), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Assorted candies (such as gumdrops and holiday M&M's)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix first 5 ingredients in medium bowl. Add butter; stir until moist clumps form.
Press mixture over bottom and 1 inch up sides of 10-inch-diameter springform pan.
- Bake crust until just set, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until blended.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Beat in both extracts. Pour half of mixture
into prepared crust; sprinkle with toffee pieces. Pour remaining mixture over.
- Bake until edges are puffed but center is barely set, about 55 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare topping. Mix sour cream, sugar and vanilla extract in
medium bowl until smooth. Pour topping over hot cheesecake.
- Bake cake until topping is just set, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to rack; cool 10 minutes.
- Run knife between cake and pan sides.
- Chill cake uncovered overnight.
- Remove pan sides and place cake on platter. Garnish top with candies.
Prepare this cake a day ahead.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 767 Calories; 55g Fat (63.4% calories
from fat); 11g Protein; 61g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 208mg Cholesterol; 433mg
Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 10 1/2 Fat; 3
Source: Bon Appetit, December 2000
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes