Frango Mint Cheesecake
Marshall Field has been making these Frango Mints in their kitchen since 1930, and they are shipped all over the world. Their kitchen produces 800,000 pounds of Frango Mints every year. This cheesecake is served in their famous Walnut Room.
Chocolate Cookie Crust
- 30 Oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped Frango Mints (original flavor)
- 24 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon plain gelatine
- 1 tablespoon ice cold water
- 4 chopped Frango Mints
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Speck of salt
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Chocolate Cookie Crust: Separate Oreo cookies and scrape off all the filling.
You will have 60 halves. Pulverize these, along with butter, in a blender. Pack
firmly into a 10-inch springform pan.
- Filling: Melt Frango Mints in a double boiler. With an electric mixer on medium
speed, beat in cream cheese and sugar.
- Add eggs at low speed, then beat in the melted Frango Mints.
- Add whipping cream and vanilla extract. Blend well. Spread evenly over the crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes. The center will be slightly shaky when
you remove it from the oven.
- Place it on a wire rack, and the center will firm as it cools. At this point
you may either freeze it or wait until it cools completely, then glaze it.
- Glaze: Mix gelatine with ice cold water.
- Melt Frango Mints and let them cool slightly. Stir into the gelatin mixture.
- Add sour cream and salt. Spread over the cold Frango Mint Cheesecake.
Source: Marshall Field & Company, Chicago
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes