French Chocolate Cheesecake
If you like cheesecake and chocolate, you’ll want to try this 1st Prize winning
recipe from Marcia Gerdes of Klamath Falls, Oregon. NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet
Chocolate Morsels combine with cream cheese for a chocolaty, rich filling atop a
nutty walnut crust. Served with caramel sauce this delicious French Chocolate Cheesecake
is sure to please all the chocolate lovers in your family!
- 2 cups walnut halves
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups (18 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Crust: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place nuts, brown sugar, flour and butter in food processor container; cover.
Process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press onto bottom of ungreased
10-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Filling: Heat cream in medium saucepan over medium heat just to boiling.
Remove from heat; stir in morsels. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until chocolate
is melted. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl on medium speed
until smooth. Add chocolate mixture; beat on low speed until just combined.
Add eggs; stir until just combined. Pour into prepared crust. Place pan on baking
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes minutes or until edge is set but center still
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes; run knife around edge of cheesecake.
Cool for 30 minutes.
- Remove side of springform pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Cover; refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Caramel Sauce: Melt butter in small saucepan. Stir in brown sugar and cream.
Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low; boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Serve cheesecake with warm Caramel Sauce and whipped cream.
Nutritional information per serving: calories per serving 760 calories from
% daily value * Total Fat 57g 88% Saturated Fat 30g 149% Cholesterol 175mg
59% Sodium 210mg 9% Carbohydrates 54g 18% Dietary Fiber 3g 13% Vitamin A 30% Vitamin
C 0% Calcium 8% Iron 6% Sugars 46g Protein 10g
* Percentage Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Very Best Baking and Nestlé
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes