Gelatin Topping for Cheesecake
You may decorate the top of the cheesecake with raspberries or strawberries, if desired. I prefer to leave it plain as the gelatin is so pretty by itself.
- 10 ounces raspberries or strawberries, frozen is fine
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 3 heaping tablespoons granulated sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Boil the raspberries or strawberries for 20 minutes.
- Sieve the fruit pulp through as a fine a sieve as possible. Optionally
you can sieve the juice through some cheesecloth or a coffee filter. It
looks nicer when the gelatin is completely clear.
- Add lemon juice, sugar and gelatin and mix well.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Pour over top of the cheesecake. A good technique is to hold a spoon
close to the filling and then pour into that, and then from there let it run
down on the filling. This prevents the surface of the cheesecake from being
- Refrigerate immediately.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes