German Kasekuchen (German Cheesecake)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 4 tablespoons butter (no margarine)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup raisins
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Crust: In a large mixing bowl, blend all the ingredients, cutting in butter and
working the mixture with your hands until it is well mixed and workable. Divide the
dough into 2 equal portions. Use one-half to line the bottom of a greased 9-inch
spring-form pan, the other half to line the sides of the pan. Either roll out the
dough or press it in with your fingers. Chill before filling.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Filling: Press the cottage cheese through a sieve.
- Combine cornstarch and baking powder and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese with sugar, eggs, lemon rind and
vanilla extract. Beat until very smooth.
- Add the dry mixture to the cheese and blend well.
- Stir in sour cream raisins.
- Pour the cheese mixture into the prepared crust
and bake for one hour or until done. The center will remain soft.
- Turn off the oven
and prop the door open. Allow the cake to cool to room temperature.
- Serve cheesecake at room temperature.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes