Capture the colors of fall in this pretty dessert, with an easy ginger-snap crust.
- 1 1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 30 cookies; 8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) peach slices in heavy syrup, drained, coarsely chopped*
- 3/4 cup peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Wrap foil around outside of bottom and side of 9-inch
springform pan to catch drips.
- In medium bowl, stir together crust ingredients. Press on bottom and 1 inch up
side of pan.
- In large bowl, beat all filling ingredients except eggs and peaches with electric
mixer on medium speed until smooth. On low speed, beat in eggs until blended. Gently
stir in peaches. Pour into crust.
- Bake 1 hour 25 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until edge of cheesecake is set
but center still jiggles slightly when moved.
- Turn oven off; open oven door at least 4 inches. Leave cheesecake in oven 30
- Remove cheesecake from oven; place on cooling rack. Without releasing side of
pan, run knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake. Cool in pan on cooling rack
- Cover loosely; refrigerate at least 6 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- In small bowl, mix topping ingredients. Carefully spread over top of cheesecake.
Run metal spatula along side of cheesecake to loosen. Remove side of pan; leave
cheesecake on pan bottom to serve.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Prep Time 20 min | Total Time 8 hr 50 min | Servings 16
* If fresh peaches are available, use 2 or 3 sliced peeled peaches instead of
the canned peaches.
Nutrition Information–Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 410 Calories from
Fat 240 Total Fat 27g Saturated Fat 16g Trans Fat 1g Cholesterol 130mg Sodium 300mg
Total Carbohydrate 36g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 24g Protein 7g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 8% Iron 8%
Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 4 1/2
Carbohydrate Choice 2 1/2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: Betty Crocker