- 1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pound cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup creme de menthe
- 3 tablespoons creme de cacao
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated
- Combine chocolate cookie crumbs with melted butter and cinnamon. Toss and mix
well. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Refrigerate.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat the cream cheese in a mixing bowl until light and soft. Add 3/4 cup of the
sugar and mix well.
- Stir in the creme de menthe and the creme de cacao, flour and
salt. Beat until the mixture is blended well.
- Add the egg yolks and sour cream,
and beat until the batter is smooth and blended.
- Combine the egg whites and 1/4 cup remaining sugar and beat until the whites
stand in soft peaks.
- Fold the beaten whites into the cream cheese mixture. Pour
the batter into the crust and bake for about 1 hour, or until the cake has puffed
and trembles just slightly when shaken. Do not over-bake; it will settle and firm
somewhat as it cools. If the cake cracks as it bakes, that is fine.
- Remove from oven, and let cool.
- Garnish with grated chocolate.
Yield: 8 servings