Guava Rum Cheesecake
- 1 1/4 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup guava paste
- 1/3 cup rum
- 2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup guava jelly
- 1 tablespoon water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch springform pan.
- Crust: Prepare the crust by combining the ingredients and pressing onto the bottom
and up the sides of the pan.
- Bake until dry - about 8 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Filling: Melt the guava and beat constantly two to three minutes until very smooth.
- Add the rum and let it cool. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese.
- Add the sugar, eggs one at a time, vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- Gently fold in the melted guava mixture. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 1/4 hours. If top starts to brown, tent with foil.
- When done, turn heat off, open oven door a few inches and let it cool inside
oven for 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Glaze: Mix glaze ingredients together in a small saucepan until melted and it
is the consistency of heavy cream. Let it cool and brush on top of cold cake.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes to set.