Hazelnut Praline Cheesecake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- Hazelnut Praline
- 32 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- Crust: Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 350 degrees F. Butter
9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides.
- Mix flour, butter and
brown sugar in processor until moist clumps form. Press mixture onto bottom of prepared
- Bake until crust is golden, about 25 minutes. Cool.
- Wrap outside of pan with double layer of heavy-duty foil.
- Filling: Reserve 1/2 cup praline for garnish. Grind remaining praline to
powder in processor.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar, nutmeg in large bowl until smooth.
- Beat in flour, then cream and vanilla extract.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time.
- Fold in praline powder.
- Transfer filling to crust. Place springform pan in roasting pan. Pour enough
hot water into roasting pan to come halfway up sides of springform pan.
- Bake until center is just set, about 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Transfer cake to rack. Run small sharp knife around sides of cake to loosen.
- Remove foil from pan sides. Chill cake overnight. (Can be prepared
3 days ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.)
- Release pan sides. Transfer cake to platter. Mound reserved coarsely crushed
praline atop center of cake and serve.
Yield: 12 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes