Irish Coffee Cheesecake
Cheesecake in any form makes a tremendous dessert, but when you add cocoa, fresh brewed espresso, ground coffee beans, and your favorite Irish cream liqueur, it sets a new standard. This elegant cheesecake is appropriately rich, balanced in flavor, and easily one of our favorites.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground coffee beans
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Challenge Butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground coffee beans
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 1/4 cup brewed espresso coffee
- Optional: grated chocolate curls and/or chocolate espresso beans for garnish
- Crust: Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour, 1 tablespoon ground coffee beans, cocoa and sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add egg and mix until evenly moistened. (Mixture will appear rather dry.)
- Spread mixture evenly in a 10-inch springform pan with 3 inch sides; then press
firmly over the bottom of the pan and half way up the sides.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Set aside.
- Filling: Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and 1 1/2 tablespoons
ground coffee beans; beat until well blended.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Blend in sour cream, Irish cream liqueur and brewed espresso coffee.
- Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees F and continue baking for 50 to 55 minutes
or until top is browned, edges have puffed and the center is still slightly moist
and jiggles when the pan is tapped.
- With a knife loosen cake from rim of pan. Cool completely before unmolding.
- Cover and refrigerate at least six hours before serving.
- If desired, garnish top with chocolate curls or chocolate espresso beans.
Source: Challenge Home Economists
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes