John Clancy's Cheesecake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Generously grease a 9 x 3-inch springform pan with butter. Place pan in center
of a 12-inch square of aluminum foil; press foil up around sides of pan.
- Combine Graham cracker crumbs, the 3 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon and melted butter
in a small bowl until well blended. Press 3/4 cup of crumb mixture into bottom and
sides of pan. Chill while making filling. (Reserve remaining crumb mixture for topping.)
- With electric mixer on low speed or with a wooden spoon, beat cream cheese in
a large bowl until soft.
- Gradually beat in 1 1/4 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks, one at a time, until well blended.
- Stir in sour cream, vanilla extract, rind and lemon juice until smooth.
- Beat egg whites until they hold stiff peaks. Fold whites into cheese mixture,
soufflé-fashion, until well blended. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees
F for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until top is golden; turn off oven heat and allow
cake to cool in oven for 1 hour. (Do NOT open oven door.)
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack at room temperature. Sprinkle
remaining crumbs on top.
- Chill overnight before serving.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar just before serving.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes