Key Lime Cheesecake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup fresh key lime juice
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped with some sugar
- 9-inch Graham cracker crust
- Key lime slices, optional
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl with mixer on high for 2 minutes. Beat for 2 minutes longer
on medium speed while adding milk and gelatin.
- Pour mixture into a saucepan and cook on low to simmer, stirring constantly until
thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 cup lime juice, stirring until smooth and thick.
- Beat the cream cheese, sour cream and remaining lime juice until smooth.
- Fold in the whipped cream and then the milk/gelatin mixture mixing well.
- Pour into pie crust and refrigerate until set, about 2 1/2 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with lime slices.
If Key limes aren't available, use regular fresh lime juice or bottled
key lime juice.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 9, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes