Lemon Meringue Cheesecake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 cups HONEY MAID Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3 lemons
- 4 eggs, divided
- 4 (8 ounce) packages PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix crumbs, butter and 2 tablespoons sugar; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform
- Grate zest from 1 lemon, then squeeze 1/2 cup juice from all lemons. Separate
- Beat cream cheese and 1 cup of the remaining sugar in large bowl with mixer until
- Add sour cream and lemon juice; mix well.
- Add 1 whole egg and 3 yolks, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition
just until blended.
- Stir in zest. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until center is set; remove from oven.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in small bowl with mixer on high speed until
- Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form; spoon onto
cheesecake. Spread to completely cover top.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
Since this indulgent cheesecake makes 16 servings it is the perfect dessert to
serve at your next party!
Lime Meringue Cheesecake: Prepare as directed, using 4 limes.
When spreading beaten egg whites over top of warm cheesecake, gently press egg
whites to rim of pan to seal. (This will help prevent the baked meringue from shrinking.)
Use back of spoon to swirl top to form peaks. Bake as directed.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Kraft Foods - kraftrecipes.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes