As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/4 cups zwieback toast crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 16 ounces Neufchatel cheese, softened
- Few drops green food coloring (optional)
- 2 cup thawed frozen whipped topping
- Combine crumbs, sugar and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Soften gelatine in water; stir over low heat until dissolved.
- Add juice, egg
yolks, 1/4 cup sugar and peel; cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat for 5
- Gradually add gelatine mixture to Neufchatel cheese, mixing at medium speed of
electric mixer until well blended.
- Stir in food coloring.
- Beat egg whites until foamy.
- Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites and whipped topping into Neufchatel cheese mixture;
pour over crust.
- Chill until firm.
- Garnish with additional lime peel, if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes