Luscious Lemon Cheesecake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Garnishes: lemon roses, lemon rind curls and fresh mint sprig
- Combine first 3 ingredients, stirring well. Firmly press mixture evenly on bottom
and 1 inch up sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Beat cream cheese at high speed of an electric mixer until light and fluffy;
gradually add the 3/4 cup sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in grated lemon rind, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
Pour mixture into the prepared crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until set.
- Combine sour cream and 3 tablespoons sugar; stir well. Spread mixture evenly
- Bake at 500 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours and up to 2 days.
- Cover tightly, and freeze up to 2 weeks.
- To serve, thaw in the refrigerator. Carefully remove sides of springform pan.
Garnish, if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes