Mango Coconut Cheesecake
A delicious taste of the tropics is headed your way with this cheesecake, boasting a coconut cookie crust, mango in the creamy filling and shaved coconut on top. Make it your way with the variation below.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups crushed coconut cookies (7 to 8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (20 ounce) jar mango slices, drained, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup shaved coconut, toasted
- Additional chopped mango
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Wrap outside bottom and side of 10-inch springform
pan with heavy-duty foil to prevent leaking. Spray inside bottom and side of pan
with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, mix crust ingredients. Press in bottom of pan.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Cool crust for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch and vanilla with
electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until blended.
- Stir in sour cream and mango. Pour filling over crust.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until edge
of cheesecake is set at least 2 inches from edge of pan but center of cheesecake
still jiggles slightly when moved.
- Turn oven off; open oven door at least 4 inches. Let cheesecake remain in oven
for 30 minutes.
- Run small metal spatula around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake. Cool on cooling
rack for 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve, run small metal spatula around edge of pan; carefully remove foil and
side of pan. Sprinkle coconut and additional mango over top of cheesecake.
- Cover; refrigerate any remaining cheesecake.
Prep Time 25 min | Total Time 9 hr 5 min | Servings 16
Expert Tips: To toast coconut, heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread coconut in
ungreased shallow pan. Bake uncovered 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until
Use a food processor to crush the cookies. If you don’t own one, place cookies
in a resealable plastic bag, seal bag and crush cookies with a rolling pin.
Peach Mango Cheesecake: Use a 20-ounce jar of sliced peaches for the mangoes.
Nutrition Information 1 Serving Calories 370 (Calories from Fat 220)
% Daily Value Total Fat 25g 25% (Saturated Fat 14g,14%Trans Fat 1/2g 1/2%),
Cholesterol 100mg 100%; Sodium 230mg 230%; Total Carbohydrate 31g 31% (Dietary Fiber
0g 0% Sugars 25g 25%), Protein 4g 4%
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 6%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 5 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):