Marx Brothers Cheesecake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon toasted pecans (about 2 ounce) finely ground
- 2 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 48 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F. Rub 2 tablespoons butter over bottom and up sides
of a 10-inch diameter springform pan with 3 inch high sides. Add pecans, shaking
and turning pan to coat bottom and sides.
- Mix cracker crumbs with remaining 1/4 cup butter in small bowl. Press into bottom
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese in large bowl until softened.
- Add sugar, eggs, yolks and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Fold in sour cream. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until knife inserted 2 inches from center comes out clean, about
1 1/2 hours.
- Turn off oven. Leave cheesecake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to rack and cool completely.
- Refrigerate overnight.
Source: Bon Appetit, April 1989
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes