As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup whole blanched almonds
- 8 (5 x 2 1/2-inch) Graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup packed crumbled marzipan or almond paste
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 24 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- 5 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F and set oven rack at upper-middle level. Grease a
9 1/2-inch springform pan.
- In a shallow baking pan, toast the almonds on the upper-middle oven rack until
golden, about 10 minutes.
- Remove almonds from oven, but leave oven on. Cool almonds
- In a food processor, pulse almonds until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl.
- Break Graham crackers into food processor and grind finely. Stir 1 cup cracker crumbs
and sugar into almonds.
- Melt butter and add to crumb mixture, stirring with a fork
until well-combined. Press crumb mixture evenly onto bottom and about 1 inch up
the side of the springform pan.
- In a food processor, grind together the marzipan and sugar until combined well.
- Add cream cheese and vanilla extract and blend well.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, pulsing just until combined after each addition.
- Pour filling into crust and bake in middle of oven for about 50 minutes.
- Turn off oven and let cheesecake stand in oven for about 10 minutes. Cake will
not be set in center, but will set as it cools. Don't worry if the cheesecake
cracks; the topping will cover it.
- Cool cheesecake in pan on a rack for 1 hour.
- Run a thin knife around the edge
of the pan to loosen cheesecake, but do not remove side of pan.
- Chill cake, uncovered, for at least 4 hours and up to 1 day.
- A couple of hours before serving, finely chop the chocolate and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring the cream just to a simmer and remove pan from heat.
- Add chocolate and stir together until smooth. Carefully pour topping over cake and spread
it up to, but not over, the edge.
- Chill cake, covered, until chocolate is set - at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Just before serving, remove side of pan.
Serves 12 to 16.
Source: Gourmet magazine, November 1998
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes