Mexican Chocolate Cheesecake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 16 squares cinnamon Graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons prepared coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Crush Graham crackers into fine crumbs.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter, then stir in cracker crumbs and almonds;
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Pat the crumb mixture
in an even layer over the bottom of the pan.
- In a food processor or blender combine cream cheese, sugar, eggs and heavy cream.
Blend until smooth. Process in several batches, if necessary. Pour the mixture into
a large bowl.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the chocolate in the coffee over low heat, stirring, until it is smooth
and well blended. Cool slightly.
- Stir chocolate, vanilla and almond extracts and
cinnamon into the cheese mixture. Mix thoroughly. Pour the mixture over the crumb
- Bake for 1 hour or until the cake is set and the center is no longer liquid.
Cool, then chill thoroughly before unmolding.
- Glaze, if desired, with 2 to 4 ounces
melted semisweet chocolate and garnish with 2 tablespoons finely chopped almonds.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes