Mint Julep Cheesecake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar or packed brown sugar
- 1 cup fine crumbs (chocolate wafer, Graham cracker or vanilla wafer cookies)
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup creme de menthe
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate sauce (optional)
- Crumb Crust: Place butter in an 8- or 9-inch round micro-proof cake dish.
- Microwave at HIGH (100%) for 30 to 45 seconds, or until melted.
- Add sugar and crumbs. Stir
and mash with a fork until well mixed. Lightly press on bottom and about halfway
up side of dish.
- Microwave at HIGH for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, rotating 1/2 turn every
30 seconds, until hot. Let stand while making cheesecake filling.
- Cake: Place unwrapped cream cheese in a 2-quart micro-proof bowl or casserole.
- Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) for 3 to 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Add sugar, flour, liqueur, eggs and vanilla extract. Beat with electric mixer at high speed until
well blended. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave at MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) for 10 to
12 minutes, or until hot and thick enough to mound from spoon, whisking vigorously
every 4 minutes to break up soft cooked area. (Mixture will melt to a shiny liquid,
- Pour into prepared crust. For a soft, custard-like consistency, place
cheesecake in refrigerator. Chill at least 3 hours.
- For a firm cheesecake-like consistency,
continue microwaving at MEDIUM (50%) for 10 to 13 minutes, until all areas are set
and firm and top looks dry.
- Serve with chocolate sauce, if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes