Mouth-Watering Strawberry or Raspberry Cheesecake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 1/2 cups fine vanilla cookie crumbs
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans or English walnuts
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature) (do not use fat-free cream cheese)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 envelope (1 tablespoon) unflavored gelatine
- 4 jumbo eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups firm ripe fresh strawberries, thinly sliced, or whole fresh raspberries, stems removed (for garnish)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine crumbs, nuts, and melted butter, mixing well with a pastry blender. Press
crumbs evenly over the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Cool and set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar, 1/2 cup at a time,
and gelatine, beating well at low speed of an electric mixer after each addition.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in sour cream and vanilla extract. Spoon batter into cool baked crust.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes. Do not open oven door.
- Turn off oven, door closed, allowing cake to remain in oven for 1 hour 15 minutes.
Do not open oven door.
- Thoroughly cool cheesecake on a wire rack. Cheesecake may be served at room temperature
- Store cheesecake, loosely covered with plastic wrap, in the refrigerator.
- Garnish top of cake with sliced strawberries or whole raspberries before serving.
4th of July Cheesecake: Garnish top of cheesecake with fresh blueberries, sliced
fresh strawberries or whole fresh raspberries, and very small decorative American
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes