Prickly Pear Cheesecake
- 2 cups crushed Graham cracker crumbs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup piñon nuts, finely chopped
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2/3 cup prickly pear preserves
- Whipped cream (optional)
- 1 cup prickly pear jelly
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- Crust: Mix Graham cracker crumbs, sugar, butter and nuts together. Press firmly
on the bottom and sides of a 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Filling: With an electric mixer, cream together cream cheese and sugar until
- Add 1 egg at a time, beating well; blend in vanilla extract.
- By hand, add
sour cream, whipping cream and lemon juice. Pour half this mixture into the crust.
- Spoon half the preserves over the batter.
- Add remaining batter and repeat with remaining
preserves. Swirl with a knife for a marbled effect.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Turn oven off and leave in oven
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Chill overnight.
- Glaze: Melt jelly and Grand Marnier over low heat. Pour atop chilled cheesecake.
Spread evenly and let set.
- Decorate edges with whipped cream piping.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.