Pumpkin Cheesecake with Bourbon Sour Cream
- 3/4 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 24 ounces cream cheese, cut into bits and softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon bourbon liqueur or bourbon (optional)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon bourbon liqueur or bourbon, or to taste
- 16 pecan halves (for garnish)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a bowl combine the cracker crumbs, pecans, brown sugar and sugar. Stir in
the butter. Press the mixture into the bottom and 1/2 inch up side of a buttered
9-inch springform pan. Chill the crust for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt and
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer beat together the cream cheese
and the granulated sugar until fluffy, then beat in the cream, cornstarch, vanilla
extract, bourbon liqueur and the pumpkin mixture until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the chilled crust.
- Bake the cheesecake in the middle of
the oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the center is just set.
- Let it cool in the pan on a rack for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl whisk together the sour cream, sugar and bourbon liqueur.
- Spread the sour cream mixture over the top of the cheesecake and bake the cheesecake
for 5 minutes more.
- Let the cheesecake cool in the pan on a rack and chill it, covered, overnight.
- Remove the side of the pan and garnish the top of the cheesecake with the pecans.
Source: "Gourmet" magazine - November 1990
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes