This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups solid pack pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream, (at room temperature)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine Graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter in medium bowl. Press onto bottom
and 1 inch up side of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 6 to 8 minutes. Do not allow to brown.
- Remove from oven; let cool.
- Beat cream cheese and sugars in large mixer bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in pumpkin, eggs and evaporated milk.
- Add cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg; beat well. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 55 to 60 minutes or until edge is set but center
still moves slightly.
- Combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla extract in small bowl. Spread over surface
of warm cheesecake.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Chill for several hours or overnight.
- To serve, run a knife around inside edge of pan. Remove pan sides. Place cake
on a serving plate. Garnish with caramelized pecan halves*, if desired.
* To caramelize pecans, arrange 20 pecans halves 1 inch apart on a foil-lined
cookie sheet. Cook 1/2 cup sugar in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring
occasionally, until melted and dark amber in color. Slowly pour over pecans. Let
cool until hard. Break apart.