Pumpkin Cranberry-Amaretto Cheesecake
- 3 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 6 eggs
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole cranberries
- 1 tablespoon juice from fresh lemon
- 1/4 cup amaretto liqueur
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine Graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter; work mixture up sides of a large
- Using electric mixer in a large bowl, blend cream cheese and sugar, adding sour
cream, vanilla extract, spice, eggs and pumpkin.
- Spoon mixture into crumb crust
and bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes, then lower heat to 350 degrees F and bake
for 20 minutes, or until firm.
- Let cool, then refrigerate overnight.
- Puree cranberries, lemon juice and amaretto in blender.
- Serve some sauce over each slice.
Yield: 20 to 25 servings