Pumpkin Rum Cheesecake
- 1 cup crushed gingersnaps (15 cookies)
- 1/4 cup ground pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rum flavoring
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon rum flavoring
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine gingersnaps, 1/4 cup pecans and melted butter. Press onto bottom of a
9-inch springform pan.
- In large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar.
- Add eggs, pumpkin,
cinnamon, 1 1/2 teaspoons rum flavoring and the spices, beating just until mixture
is smooth. Pour into the prepared spring-form pan. Sprinkle with additional nutmeg.
- Bake for 70 minutes or until almost set (center will jiggle slightly).
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Loosen sides; cool completely.
- Chill for at least 4 hours.
- To serve, remove sides of pan.
- Beat cream and 1/4 teaspoon rum flavoring until
stiff peaks form. Pipe over cheesecake and sprinkle with additional pecans.
Serves 12 to 16.