Red Velvet Cheesecake
This cheerful double layer cheesecake is an indulgent new take on the traditional
Red Velvet Cake.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Red Food Color
- 1 prepared chocolate crumb crust (6 ounces)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract in large bowl with electric mixer on medium
speed until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until
- Measure 1 cup batter into medium bowl.
- Stir in melted chocolate and food color. Pour into crust. Top with remaining
(plain) cheesecake batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
Yield: 8 servings | Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 40 min
Test Kitchen Tip: Drizzle cheesecake with chocolate or hot fudge dessert topping
just before serving.
per serving Calories: 394 Fat: 26 g Carbohydrates: 33 g Cholesterol: 124
mg Sodium: 342 mg Fiber: g Protein: 7 g
Recipe and photo credit: McCormick